This is and will always be one of my absolute favorite dessert recipes of all time, plus it’s super easy and I will admit that I could easily eat a whole pan of this desert in one sitting with zero shame. Here, I’ll spill the secret on how you can do the same.
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 4 oz of softened cream cheese
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups of sliced strawberries (depending on your preference)
- First off preheat oven to 400.
- On parchment lined baking sheet cut your puff pastry into any desired shape.
- In a medium bowl mix together your cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the top of your puff pastry.
- Beat an egg, add 1 tsp of water and brush onto sides of the puff pastry where you can see the dough, to give it a golden color while baking.
- Place your slices of strawberry on top of your cream cheese in rows of about 3 (again, as many strawberries as your heart desires)
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes or until golden.