We all have those days when you wake up, and wish you didn’t. Here are a few things to do and remember if you are feeling blue.
- Draw a bath, light a candle, grab a wine glass of your preferred juice, and play French music. You’re a successful businesswoman lounging in a hotel in France now.
- Call a friend who makes you laugh.
- Go to the store, buy yourself a dozen of your favorite flowers.
- Lay in the grass in your backyard, dissociate and daydream with soft music.
- Take a nap, everything feels better after a nap.
- Eat! Don’t forget to give your body the nutrients it needs!
- Lay in bed and cry. Only for a little while. It’s good to heal.
- Draw aimlessly. Drag a pen across a page of a magazine or hand.
- Play with makeup. Beat your face, pretend you’re an instagram baddie.
- Dress up! Put on heels and red lipstick or a fedora and make a fake long cigarette! Play jazz music and pretend you’re in the 1920s.
- Play video games, distract yourself.
- Write about how you are feeling. Let it all out. Burn the paper or delete the page.
- Learn about something new! Always interested in crystals but never had the time to research? Now is your time! Completely engross yourself in it.
- Scream into a pillow until laughter or tears or both come out. Let yourself feel.
- Watch youtube videos. It passes the time quickly.
Here are some things to remember if you are feeling down:
- This too will pass.
- Everything is temporary.
- You are not stuck.
- There are people who love you.
- No matter how alone you feel you are, someone cares about you deeply.
- Being alone is not a bad thing. You do not need others to be happy.
- You are enough.
- You are trying your hardest.
- We believe in you.
- We are here for you.
If you ever feel alone and need someone to reach out to, I am always here. My twitter dms are open and I love each and every one of you deeply.
All my love,